RYA Power Boat Course
RYA National Powerboat Certificate (Level 2)
An intensive two day course.
A largely practical course for boat handling and seamanship in powerboats.
Your boat or ours.
Duration: 2 days
Age: Minimum 12 yrs
The majority of this course is practical and afloat but there will be a need for some theory to be done ashore. The remainder of the theory work will be carried out through the course whilst on the water.
- Launch and recovery (Trailers, ramps, slipways, preparations, problems etc).
- Boat handling under way (this constitutes the majority of the course).
- Slow manoeuvres (securing to a buoy, coming alongside in various conditions/circumstances, anchoring (including various types), dealing with disabled craft - both your own craft and others, trim, loading, propeller angles etc).
- High speed manoeuvres (planing, steering controls, S turns, U turns, power trim, emergency stop, man overboard).
- Different types of craft, engines and drives, ancillary and safety equipment, dealing with potential emergencies.
- buoyage systems
- basic understanding of charts and compass
- basic understanding of tides and tidal streams.
The course may vary depending on your proved experience, we will adapt it to suit.
You will be required to wear a lifejacket at all times while afloat. We can provide these and waterproofs if required.
Cost £225 per person max 3 students.
Fast track one to one tuition £395.00.
Price includes VAT, Fuel, waterproofs if required and a RYA Powerboat Hand book.
Two people or more call us for a date to suit you.
We can collect you from Lymington each day.
Contact us on 01983 741484 / 07796231316 or send an Enquiry for more information.